Cool Things To Do With Mac
Mac is a fantastic computer, but at times when we are feeling boredom, then is there anything we can do on our Mac? At such a moment, we need something that can entertain us. Something that can keep us awake and fresh. So, there are a few things, that we can do to eliminate this boring situation. So, today we will look at some of the things that we can do with our Mac.
You can create custom shortcuts for the Mac keyboard
You can do so by following the below-given sequential steps: –
- Go to the Apple menu.
- Tap on System Preferences.
- Tap on the keyboard.
- Tap on shortcuts.
- Tap on the + icon.
- Now, tap on the app for which you want to create a shortcut.
- Put in your shortcut in the keyboard shortcut option.
This way, you can create shortcuts for your favorite apps in your free time.
Use your Mac as a screen recorder for your iPhone or iPad
Now, to do so, you need to perform some simple steps. The steps are given below in a sequence for your convenience: –
- Take a compatible USB cable and connect your iPhone and iPad to your Mac computer.
- Go to Quick Time Player.
- Go to file.
- Go to New Movie Recording.
- Now, again, select the QuickTime Player app option.
- Now, tap on the down arrow.
- Now, tap on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, choose other options which you want to change.
- Now, tap on the Record button.
Now, the above steps will assist you in recording the screens of your iPhone and iPad using your Mac.
Hide the menu bar on the Mac automatically
You can also hide the menu bar on its own from time to time by changing some settings. To do so, you need to perform some easy steps. These steps are given below in a sequential manner for your convenience: –
- Go to the Apple menu.
- Now, go to the System Preferences.
- Tap on the General option.
- Now, select the settings for the menu bar from the available options.
- Now, tap on the Automatically hide and show the menu bar.
Now, the above steps will hide the menu bar whenever you move away from the top of the desktop. To reactivate or bring back the menu bar, you can move the cursor to the top of the screen.
Increase or decrease the brightness or volume of your Mac
You can change the volume or the brightness of the Mac without any inconvenience. To do so, you need to do the following: –
Tap and hold the Shift + Option to change the volume and brightness of your Mac.
Now, you can have a smooth change in the volume and brightness of the Mac.
Your screen recorder feature in your Mac
This feature helps to record the screen on your Mac. But there are two types of methods in this case. The first method is only for the macOS Mojave, and the other one can be of help on any other macOS.
For this method, you need to follow some of the steps, that are given below in a sequential manner for your convenience: –
- Tap and hold the shift and the command button at the same time.
- Now select the options that are suitable for you from the pop-up screen.
- Now, after the initial settings, you can also select which type of recording you want to do. Either select part of the screen or the full screen and press enter. It will start recording the screen on your Mac.
Now you will be able to record your screen on your Mac with macOS Mojave.
Second Method for all the other Mac
For this, you need to perform some of the below-given steps: –
- Go to Quick Time Player.
- Tap on Choose file option.
- Tap on the option for new screen recording.
- Now, on the pop-up window, select the settings of your choice.
- Now, select enter button.
Now the above steps will assist you in recording the screen of your Mac on any OS except Mojave.
The split screen option can be of help if you are multitasking
This method also has two different options. The first option works for macOS Catalina only, and the second one works for all the other OS versions.
There are some simple steps that you need to follow to perform this action. The steps are given below in a sequential manner for your convenience: –
- Click and hold the green button on any window present on the screen.
- Select the tilt window to right or left from the drop-down options.
Now you will have a split view on your Mac with Catalina OS.
For this, you need to make a slight adjustment to the above step: –
- Tap and hold the green button on any window of the screen.
- Now, your screen will shrink, and you can move it to any part of the screen to initiate the split window feature.
Now, you will have the slit window feature in all the other macOS computers, also.
Solution for forgot password scenario
This is a good time to search for an alternate for your password while you are sitting ideal. It will save you from the scare of the time when you will forget your password in the future.
- Type in your password in an incorrect manner a few times on your Mac screen.
- Now, after some attempts, you will have a password reset option in front of you.
- If not, then select the question mark icon which is present on the screen.
- Now, enter your email in the input box present on the screen.
- Tap on the enter button.
Now, just follow the on-screen instructions to create a new password for your Mac.
The above steps will help you avoid the future scary situation when you are sitting ideal. These steps are simple and will also not take a small amount of time to execute.
Good Vocabulary is important
This feature is for those who are hardcore readers. Those who love reading are always on the lookout for the opportunity to build up their vocabulary. They can take the help of this feature in their free time. For this, you need to perform two simple steps: –
- Select any word on the screen.
- Tap on command + ctrl + D to pop up the window for the meaning of the word.
This way, you can know and understand various new words every day. It will assist you in increasing your knowledge too.
A game for the intelligent souls
If you are an indoor games fan, then you are in the right spot. Mac has Chess present in its OS for the occasional boredom. To play this game, you just need to search for ‘Chess’ in the applications folder.
In this game, you will have various settings. You can change the difficulty, and look as well as choose the opponent between the computer and a human counterpart for your game.
Sort out your files
Now, these are for those who like to keep their files systematically. For this, you can select multiple files and rename them at once. To do so, you need to perform some simple steps, that are given below in a sequential manner for your convenience: –
- Select all the files that you want to rename at once.
- Now, tap on rename files options.
Now, you will be able to rename and sort multiple files at once while you are free.
So, these are some of the steps, that one can do while sitting ideal. These features and tricks are easy to perform for any Mac user and can be done within a small amount of time.