How Can You Play Xbox 360 On Your Laptop With An HDMI Cable? (Basic Guide)
Playing Xbox games on High Definition Television is a big dream for most people because some of us are unable to afford such expensive devices like that.
Want any solution to that problem? A Laptop is the best choice for Xbox and along with the HDMI cable. If you have an Xbox 360, a Laptop, and an HDMI port, then you must have the desire to play various collections of Xbox games like Grand Theft Auto V, Forza Horizon 2, FIFA, etc., and many more.
But don’t know How to play Xbox 360 on Laptop with HDMI? Okay, you are definitely in the right place. Through this guide, we will explain this and other things related to this topic.
How Can You Play Xbox 360 On a Laptop With An HDMI Input Cable?
If your Laptop already has an input port then follow the steps noted below :
- First, you have to turn your Xbox 360 off and then make it clear that each and every program on your Laptop is closed.
- Put the HDMI cable within the Xbox HDMI input port which is situated on the back of the Xbox 360.
- Then you can connect to the HDMI cable in the Laptop’s HDMI plug.
- It will start working by itself after you turn on the Xbox 360 and you can see it on the screen.
- Finally, you can freely enjoy the Xbox 360 exciting games on your Laptop.
Are you still worried about what if your Laptop does not perceive any input itself? Then please don’t. Because yes, there is a huge possible chance that it may not work directly. So you can try a trick which is you have to leave both the Xbox 360 and Laptop for the reboot. And you can put the HDMI cable into the device when the Laptop and 360 are turned off only.
In the Basic Input/Output System you will find an option to turn the HDMI input port on. Though not all the Basic Input/Output Systems are the same in every device, for that purpose you can try to figure it out by yourself and gain some knowledge with the help of the systems’ website. If you want to turn on the Basic Input/Output System then you have to shut down the Laptop first then press and hold the Basic Input/Output System button to open. The major buttons of the Basic Input/Output System are F1, F2, F10, F11, F12, Del, and Esc.
Solving Sound Problems
There is a possible chance of having one problem, basically, it happens as an image will display but the audio will have some problems. This may happen to you so no need to worry about it, this problem can be solved very easily with the help of the control panel on your Laptop.
To know how to fix this problem follow the steps noted below :
- Click on the arrow which is located in the bottom right corner of the windows taskbar that displays on your Laptop screen.
- To open the ” Sound Settings” right-click the speaker icon on the menu.
- If you own a previous version of Windows 10 then the “Sound Settings” option will take you to the way where you should be, but if you own a modern version of Windows 10 then you have to pick an option for different output devices that will display at the top of the menu.
- You may have to go to the “Manage sound devices” If the menu won’t display any Xbox device and if it displays the Xbox is being unable then you should accept it.
- Still, if you are facing sound issues even when the sound system of the Xbox is possessed, then you have to go back to the “Sound” option on the menu and click “Sound Control Panel”.
- Right-click on the option that has indicated Xbox 360 and choose ” Properties”.
- Different options will display you have to click on “Advance” and then choose the option “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device”.
- Restart the Laptop and the Xbox device after doing all these settings to check if it is then working properly or not. If it still does not work then try enabling the sound output in the Xbox 360 setting and if it works then all set.
You Must Need The Things
Before you know How to play or connect to Xbox 360 on your Laptop you should have these things which will be more helpful for you or you just need that :
- An HDMI cable or a high-definition multimedia interface cable.
- A Laptop including an HDMI input plug.
- Xbox 360 has an HDMI port.
If you don’t know How to Play Xbox 360 on Laptop With HDMI but own one. Then there are some frequently asked questions for you.
- How Can I Stream From Xbox 360 on My Laptop?
First of all, you cannot install Spacedesk or Miracast on your device. So you must have the newest version of Xbox for the streaming as the older version does not help any gaming stream to Windows 10.
- How Can I Change HDMI Output to Input?
You cannot change it because not all Laptops are similarly manufactured. Most of the Laptops have a single plug for the HDMI output and input and they are mostly gaming Laptops.
- Looking For The Best Laptop For Xbox Playing?
People basically go for large screens and laptops which have the best processing powers. This type of Laptop is actually best for gaming because it can support the loads and you can go for the graphics also. So choose wisely you can find your best Laptop hopefully.
We have discussed How To Play Xbox 360 on a Laptop with an HDMI cable in this article and other issues you may have to face while using this. Now you cannot have to face that many problems after going through this article. Enjoy your collection of Xbox games on your Laptop without having any issues though it would be more fun with a High Definition Television. Remember that you must have a gaming Laptop to play Xbox games.