How to connect GoPro to Mac?
GoPro has been a perfect product that is gaining popularity right from day one. The product has many advantages that are difficult to list. It is also a great companion for vloggers where ever they go and in any weather. They also have a compact size that is easy to carry. The camera also has various professional features as well as modern features which make it a perfect choice for many users.
But the device can give you some problematic situations. Now think if you want to connect your GoPro to Mac. Then how will you do it? Well, this issue can only arise if you want to transfer your files from GoPro to Mac. But this problem has various solutions. Today we will have a look at some of those crucial methods.
Method 1: Using an SD card is the best option to transfer files from GoPro to Mac
But there is a catch. If you have a Mac, then you will have to buy an SD card reader to connect the SD card to Mac.
The steps to do so are given as follows in sequence: –
- Open the GoPro. It can be done through the compartment at the bottom of GoPro to access the SD card.
- Now, put the SD card into a compatible card reader.
- Now, connect your compatible card reader to the Mac.
- Now, click on finder on the Mac.
- Now click on the name of your SD card from the left-hand-side panel.
- Now, select the DCIM folder on the SD card.
- Now, select the 101GOPRO folder in the new window.
- Now you need to select the file or files to copy to Mac.
For that, you need to click on the file. Or click and hold the command key to select more than one file.
Now, eject the SD card from the Mac when the transfer of files is complete.
Now, all the above steps will ensure that your files get safely transferred from GoPro to Mac without any hiccups. These steps are easy to follow, and can also help to backup users’ important files before your GoPro gets damaged or gets into an accident.
Method 2: Using the Image Capture
Apple Mac computers have an ecosystem that has various features and software that do assist us in various activities. But now the question arises what about devices like GoPro? For such devices, there is Image Capture in Mac. This software gives you the option to transfer all the files from your GoPro to your Mac.
To do this, you can follow the steps given below in a sequence: –
- Connect your GoPro to your Mac using a USB type-C cable.
- Switch on the GoPro.
- Now select Image Capture from the Applications folder. Or open launchpad. Type Image Capture and select the term from the search result.
- The above step will launch Image Capture on your Mac.
- Select the name of your GoPro from the window which appeared on your screen.
- Now select the folder where you want to save the files from GoPro and click on Import All.
Now, the process will start to transfer all the files from GoPro to Mac. Now when the process is complete, then you can close Image Capture.
Method 3: GoPro Quick is also an option that can help in transferring files from GoPro to Mac
GoPro also has software that can be used to connect GoPro to Mac and transfer files between the two devices. The software is called Quik. You can install it from the GoPro community website for free and use it on Mac. It also requires you to register for a free account.
Now, after you have installed the Quik software on the computer, you need to follow the given steps in a sequence to transfer files from GoPro to Mac: –
- Connect your GoPro to your Mac using a compatible USB cable like USB type-C.
- Open launchpad and type Quick in the search bar.
- Now, select GoPro Quik from the result.
- Login to the GoPro account which you created previously.
- Now, select Import Files.
Now the process to transfer files from GoPro to Mac will start.
After the process is complete, then you can disconnect GoPro from your Mac and browse your files in the movies folder on your Mac.
Now, the above steps will help you to transfer files from your GoPro to your Mac using official software from GoPro itself. It will be a smooth process and the speed of transfer will depend on the hardware of your computer.
Method 4: You can also use Wi-Fi to connect GoPro to Mac
In modern times, every single device which is present around us has wireless capability. The same is also true for GoPro. So now the question also arises that whether GoPro has a wireless option or not and whether can we utilize that option to connect it to Mac. Well, the answer is yes. But you will also need to have good Wi-Fi for this process. On Mac, you are also needed to install Connect to camera app from the internet for convenience.
Now, you will need to follow the given steps in a sequence or this process: –
- Activate Wi-Fi on your GoPro. For this, you can take the assistance of the help section on the GoPro website for steps according to your model.
- Change the mode to App in your GoPro camera.
- Now launch the Connect to the camera app on your Mac which you installed from the internet.
- Now, select the camera model in the app.
- Now, click on connect to the camera.
Now you will be able to see a message which will state that your GoPro is connected to your Mac. Now, your GoPro is connected to your Mac using a wireless connection.
What is the price of a GoPro SD card?
Depending on the capacity you are looking for. In general, it will cost you anything around 1000 rupees for a 128GB SD card for your GoPro.
Which is the best SD card for GoPro?
At present, SanDisk Extreme is the best SD card for Your GoPro. It has a great read and write speed and is also easily available.
What is the maximum capacity that a GoPro micro-SD card support?
For example, if you do have a GoPro Hero 4, then it supports a maximum of 128 SD cards. And all the GoPro models after this, have the same or greater support capacity in terms so SD card.
All the steps given in this article have the points or important methods that you can use to connect your GoPro to a Mac. Now you can easily connect your GoPro to Mac with ease without any issues. And if none of the above steps works for you, then it is time for a service center visit or your GoPro.