What to Do If Your MacBook Pro Screen Goes Black and Unresponsive?
Many reasons can make your MacBook behave strangely the reasons can be due to some hardware issues, or it can be due to some software related. So, these can be eliminated by looking closely at these issues. So, we will look at some of the points that can be a root cause of a screen-related issue. The issue can be like the screen going black and unresponsive. These issues can be occasional and can also be annoying. So, it is crucial to get rid of this issue. The steps given in this article can assist you in getting rid of the screen issues. The reasons can be of various kinds for the black and unresponsive screen. So we will look at some of the reasons that are given below in this article.
- Battery drain can be an issue: if you have a MacBook Pro, which has a faulty or weak battery can have a black and unresponsive screen.
- Display problem can be a cause: there can be some issue with your display that can be the cause for the blank screen.
- Change on the bootup settings: there can be some accidental changes in the bootup settings, that can cause the error.
- Issues with login options: if there are some changes with the login options, then it can also cause some issues with the log in options.
- Sleep settings can also cause such problems: if there are some setting changes for the sleep or if there is some issue with the MacBook waking up from sleep, then these can also cause black and unresponsive screens.
- System errors or problems can also cause such issues
- Some problems with the installed software or applications can also cause a black and unresponsive screen.
How to Fix the Black Screen on MacBook Pro?
There are some steps that we can perform to take care of the black and unresponsive screen. So, to do this, you need to perform the steps that are given below in a sequential manner to get rid of the issue: –
The brightness of the MacBook Pro can eliminate the issue
Increase or decrease the MacBook Pro brightness, to remove the blank and unresponsive screen issue. To do so, you need to perform some simple steps that are given below in a sequential manner: –
- Go to the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Displays.
- Now, move the slider to increase or decrease the brightness of your MacBook Pro.
Now, the above steps can solve the black screen issue on your MacBook Pro.
Do a thorough check of the start-up of your MacBook
While starting up your MacBook Pro, do take note of the start-up sound that the machine makes.
Verify whether the charger is working properly or not. If it is not, then probably, your device is not getting charged, so a weak battery is causing the issues.
Restarting your device can solve the issue
At times, restarting your device can give you relief from the issues that can arise sometimes.
Check your battery
At times, your battery might have a faulty battery that is causing the issue. Sometimes, if the battery is at the end of its life, then you need to replace it. It can remove your issue of a black and unresponsive screen.
Reset the System Management Controller
The system management controller or the SMC in short does act as a monitor for power-related matters. So, to remove the issues that can arise due to power-related concerns, you need to reset the SMC. To reset the SMC, you need to follow the steps that are given below in a sequential manner for your convenience: –
- Tap and hold on to the shift + control + option + power buttons at the same time.
- Release the buttons after a few moments.
- Now, switch on your device.
These steps will remove your issues of black and unresponsive screens.
Disk Permissions can also cause for the blank and unresponsive screen on the MacBook Pro
Disk permissions allow the various software to accept different settings. So, if you take care of the disk permissions, then you can remove the issue. You need to perform the steps given below in a sequential manner: –
- Select the Go option.
- Tap on the settings option.
- Select the disk utility.
- Now, select the system column on the left pane.
- Tap on the First Aid Tab.
- Now, tap on the system volume and then tap on Repair Disk Permissions.
Now, these steps will remove the screen issue from your MacBook Pro.
Accessories can be an issue
At times, MacBook Pro can give you the blank look. So, if this is the case, then you will have to remove all the accessories that are currently working with your MacBook Pro.
Uninstall the applications that are the most recent and new members of the MacBook Pro
At times, any software or applications, that you install on your MacBook Pro, can cause some issues. So, you can try uninstalling the latest software, if the above tips do not work.
Reinstall the OS
If nothing else that is given above works. Then you need to take your MacBook Pro to a qualified technical person, and then get the macOS reinstalled on the device.
Can faulty software cause a blank screen in MacBook Pro?
In the case of a MacBook pro, there are various factors that one can face that can be a source of screen issues in a MacBook Pro. Software issue is one of them.
Why the screen is black on my MacBook Pro?
MacBook Pro can give you the occasional scare when you switch it on. But, there are some sources for the errors like black screen some of those errors are given in this article. There are also some solutions for them. The steps to remove the errors are given in this article.
Can restart and remove the black screen issue in my MacBook Pro?
At times, restarting can solve various problems in a MacBook Pro. So, giving it a try will also not harm you. There are also various steps that one can follow to remove the black screen issue in a MacBook Pro.
So, various reasons can cause a black screen in my MacBook Pro. The steps that are given in this article can solve the issue. The steps are easy and anyone with a MacBook Pro can perform them. These steps can get rid of the black and unresponsive screen issue in your MacBook Pro. So, now you can work on your MacBook Pro without any issues or problems.