Where Do Audio Files Save On iPhone?
iPhones have various features that one can use for various purposes. But at times, the features can get a bit tricky. Suppose we download various kinds of files from the internet. But at times, the files that we download are not easily visible on an iPhone. Now, the question arises how can we handle such difficult situations? Most Apple users do ask one thing. That question is, how can we find the audio files, that are present in an iPhone? Where do the audio files get stored on an iPhone? It can be due to various reasons. So today, we will look at some of the methods, that a user can use to find audio files on an Apple iPhone. The methods are many. The various methods are also based upon various sources of audio files that we receive through various apps daily.
Where Do Audio Files save on our iPhones?
Audio files, in general, are present in the default folders of the app through which we receive them on our devices. But they do disappear after some time in some cases. Apple in general has the criteria in its iPhones to store an audio file for some time. Even in iMessage, audio files disappear after some time unless settings are changed by someone.
How to Save Audio files or messages on an iPhone?
There are two methods to save an audio file on an iPhone. In the first step, you need to tap on the keep option while listening to the audio file. Now for the second option, you need to perform some simple steps. The steps are given below in a sequential manner for your convenience: –
- Go to settings of the iPhone.
- Tap on Messages.
- Now, tap on Audio messages.
- Now, select Expire.
- Now, tap on Never.
So, as a result of the above steps, your audio files will remain in a suitable location on the iPhone after you listen to them for the first time.
How to save audio files or messages on a computer?
Now, to save an audio file, you can again follow one of the two methods. For the first method, you can simply export the file to a computer. In the second method, you can use an app to export a file.
Method 1: Export the file to a computer
For this method, you can follow the following group of simple steps: –
- Download the iMessage app on your computer or Mac.
- Go to the iCloud account on your computer.
- Now, open the iMessage app on your computer.
- Now, play the audio message which you want to save on the computer.
- Now, right-click on the message, and select the show in the finder option.
- Now, move the audio file to the folder by the name of Transfers.
Now, you can go to the folder Transfers on your computer to access the audio file.
Method 2: Use an app for saving the audio file on a computer
For devices with systems older than iOS 12, this method is extremely useful. For this method, you need to follow a few simple steps to save an audio file on a computer: –
- Tap on the audio file that you want to save.
- Now play the file and tap on keep.
- Now, go to the file explorer and select the audio file, that you saved in the previous step.
- Now, select the export file option.
- Tap on Voice Memo app.
- Now, you can share the audio file through the voice memo app and send it to your computer, using the email route.
Now, you can download the audio file from your email and save it on your computer.
How To Save the Audio Files which You Create or Send?
In this method, you can use the iMessage app to send a file to an email ID. For this, you need to follow some steps that are given below in a sequential manner: –
- Go to the iMessage app.
- Now, tap and hold the audio message that you want to share.
- Now, tap on more options.
- Now, tap on the right arrow on the screen.
- Now put an email ID in the recipient box.
- Now, tap on send.
Now, go to the email Id where you are sending the audio message in the previous steps. Now, you can download and save the file in your favourite location.
Note: You will need an internet connection on your iPhone for the above step.
How To Find Your Audio Files in an iPhone?
In this step, you need to follow some steps that will simplify your audio file search. The steps are given below in a sequential manner for your convenience: –
- Go to file explorer.
- Enter the audio file name in the search box and tap enter.
- Now, long press on the file that you want to save from the search result.
- Now, tap on save and chose a suitable location for the audio file.
Now, you will be able to find the audio file more easily after saving them using the above steps in file explorer in a suitable location.
How To Move WhatsApp Audio File to iPhone from cloud storage?
In this method, you need to perform some steps. The steps are easy and are given below in a sequential manner for your convenience: –
- Go to iCloud account.
- Now, search for the audio file that you want to move.
- Tap on select and choose the file.
- Tap on the organize option.
- Now, choose a suitable folder for the audio file.
- Now, tap on Move.
Now, the audio file will be present in the folder of your choice.
Where Does Your Voicemail Save on iPhone?
If you want to find the audio files which you receive via voicemail, then you can use the voice memo app. You can also use the voice memo app to email the audio file to an email account for easy access and storage.
For this, you need to follow the steps that are given below in a sequential manner for your convenience: –
- Open Phone option.
- Now, select the Open voicemails option.
- Now, tap on the audio message of your choice.
- Tap on the share option.
- Now, either select Notes or voice memo.
- Click on save.
Now, you can share the audio message through various options like email and Airdrop.
Where Can I Find Airdrop audio files On My iPhone?
The files which you will receive through an Airdrop, are saved in the default folders of the device. For example, audio files are present in the music folder, documents in the document folder, and so on.
Now, first of all, you need to set up the Airdrop settings on your iPhone. For this, you can take the assistance of the steps that are given below in a sequential manner: –
- Go to the setting app.
- Tap on the general option.
- Tap on Airdrop.
- Tap on everyone.
Now, anyone around you can send you any file through the iPhone via the Airdrop feature.
Where Can I Find iMessage Audio Message in iOS 13?
After, the iOS 13 update it is difficult for iPhone users to search for their audio messages. So, to get to their audio message, they need to follow the sequential steps that are given below: –
- Go to the iMessage application.
- Search for the file by typing in the name of the sender or recipient in the search box.
- Tap and hold the audio file that you want to save.
- Now, select the save option to save the file in a suitable location.
Now, the above steps can help you in saving the audio file of your choice in a suitable folder.
So, these are some of the steps that you can take to find your important audio file. The steps that are present in this article are easy. Anyone with an Apple iPhone can perform these steps quickly and smoothly without any hindrance.