All the texts that you copy or cut on your iPhone get saved on the Clipboard. If you are looking for a particular location or an app dedicated to this, then you may not find it anywhere. iPhones do not have a dedicated app for the same. Instead, it is an inbuilt feature that every Apple device tends to have.
Although the clipboard has all these features, you cannot make any changes to the copied text directly. Moreover, since there is no specific tool for the Clipboard, the copied content is stored temporarily on your iPhone. Once you restart your phone, the Clipboard is reset.
However, there are specific ways you can check the content that has been copied to the Clipboard using the Notes app or other online tools compatible with the iPhone.
Where is the Clipboard on iPhone and How to Access it
As we mentioned, there is no particular app for the clipboard on iPhone. However, there are certain shortcuts and other ways you can choose to access the clipboard.
1. Get Access to Clipboard Shortcuts
There are multiple shortcuts to clipboards where you can check the copied content, make edits to it, and do a lot more. Here is how you can get access.
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Now, click on the Gallery menu option at the bottom.
- On the top search bar, type Clipboard.
You can now see multiple Clipboard shortcuts that you can add to your favorites. The Collection is known as Use your Clipboard. Some of the options you will find here are:
- Clean Up Keyboard- You can edit the current content on it and copy new content.
- Dictate to Clipboard- Record your voice and copy them to Universal Clipboard.
- Clear All Clipboards- Clears the content of Universal Clipboard.
These are some of the options you will find on the list.
2. Use Notes App
Using the Notes App, you can quickly keep track of all the content you copy on your Mac clipboard or your iPhone. Here is what you can do.
- Open the Notes App on your iPhone.
- Now, create a new Note.
- Paste the content you have copied
That’s it. You can keep doing it multiple times and keep track of all the content. This way, you can even edit them when needed.
3. Using Clipboard Managers
You can even choose to use third-party clipboard managers on your iPhone that can help you edit and keep track of all the content copied. Here are some of them we found perfect for all purposes.
- Paste:- It is one of the best tools on the app store that allows you to copy links, texts, images, videos, files, and much more.
- Clip+:- This tool instantly recognizes the type of text you have copied. Simply open the app on your iPhone and click on a link that allows you to open it directly on the browser. The same is with a phone number that you can use to call directly from the app itself.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When it says copied to the clipboard, where does it go?
When you copy something on your iPhone or your Mac using right-click or keyboard shortcut, the content is copied on the clipboard. Well, there is no physical tool or software for it where you can see the content copied to it.
Rather it is virtual, and you can only know once you paste the content somewhere. To know this, you can make use of the Notes app and keep track.
2. How do I delete my clipboard history?
Since there is no dedicated app for the Clipboard, you cannot make changes to the content you have copied. Also, Clipboard only keeps the current copied content and has no history. In order to delete the previously copied content on Clipboard, you need to copy something else on your iPhone.
That is it. Here is all you need to know if you are looking for a Clipboard on iPhone. It comes in handy when you instantly want to copy and paste anything across multiple devices such as Mac and iPhone. You can also download a third-party tool and perform various functions on your copied content.